Текущее время: 29 мар 2024, 01:06

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа

Начать новую тему Ответить на тему  [ Сообщений: 707 ]  На страницу Пред.  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  След.
Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Re: Idea wspólnej konfederacji Polski i Białorusi
Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 03 фев 2014, 13:32 
Оранжевые штаны

Armia Izraela jest dotowana przez USA (który pompuje olbrzymie środki w Izrael...)

Pieniądze - to jest klucz...

Niemcy będą mieli 144 Typhoonów - tyle jest zamówionych i tyle będzie (produkcja wciąż trwa)
Terazj jest Tranche 3 - czyli pełnokrwista wielozadaniowa maszyna
+ 85 Tornado - to już 229 maszyn
Czyli więcej niż Polska, Czech, Słowacja, Rumunia, Ukraina i Bialoruś razem...
Bo tu nie tylko chodzi o ilość maszyn - przepaśc technologiczna jest spora...
(Maszyny niemieckie są w wiekszości nowe, ew. poważnie zmodernizowane - Tornado np. używa zupełnie nowego zestawu uzbrojenia w stosunku do oryginału )

Generalnie problem jest - jak mówilem ani na Bialorusi ani na Ukrainie nikt przez 20 lat poważnie nie inwestowal w armie i zdolnośc zostały powąznie nadszarpnięte... (Podobnie było w Polsce - tylko że my od ok. 2000 roku zaczeliśmy odbijać się od dna )
W ewidencji może i maszyn jest sporo - ale co z tego jeśli 3/4 z nich nie poderwie sie do lotu...

By poprawić ten stan potrzeba pieniedzy...
By wyremontowąć część maszyn (co na to Rosjanie?)
A częśc poprostu wymienić na nowe...

Wojsko bez pieniedzy nie istnieje - tak zawsze było...
Upadek gospodarczy Rzeczpospolitej Obojga Narodów był przyczyną upadku militarnej potęgi...

Co ciekawe jest dla Ukrainy i Bialorusi ciekawa opcja...
Jakby zorganizować trochę środków (ok. 6-7 mld $) moglibyście się dogadać ze Szwedami i zamówić 76 JAS-39E/F (np. po 38 dla Białorusi i 38 dla Ukrainy), które mogby być produkowane u Was (tzn. u Was w kraju mogłaby być podjęta produkcja maszyn, a na Ukrainie np. silników i ew. uzbrojenia. To by była próba odtworzenia przemysłu lotniczego. I to na b. wysokim poziomie. Bo Gripen to naprawdę porządna maszyna)

Brazylijczycy tak zrobili - więc da się...
Warunek jest 1 - musiałby by się zmienic rządy na Białorusi - bo Szwedzi raczej Łukaszence niczego nie sprzedadzą, podobnie na Ukrainie musialby sie pojawić stabilna "neutralna" władza. (niezależna od Rosjan)

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 04 фев 2014, 18:10 
Голубые штаны

LESZY писал(а):
Co ciekawe jest dla Ukrainy i Bialorusi ciekawa opcja...
Jakby zorganizować trochę środków (ok. 6-7 mld $) moglibyście się dogadać ze Szwedami i zamówić 76 JAS-39E/F (np. po 38 dla Białorusi i 38 dla Ukrainy), które mogby być produkowane u Was (tzn. u Was w kraju mogłaby być podjęta produkcja maszyn, a na Ukrainie np. silników i ew. uzbrojenia. To by była próba odtworzenia przemysłu lotniczego. I to na b. wysokim poziomie. Bo Gripen to naprawdę porządna maszyna)

That's an interesting concept, indeed.

Problem with "niezależna od Rosjan" is that it's very difficult to achieve. In an open political confrontation - almost impossible. There is no such thing as "Belarus gets a new pro-Western president and changes its course". I'm not even talking about public challenges. I'm talking that Russia will do anything, and I mean ANYTHING, to make sure it doesn't happen. Killings, torturing, fueling civil war, etc, etc, etc - no question at all. And financial suffocation is a pretty sure bet. Their mentality: they'd better leave it as a depopulated lifeless desert than let the territory go to an enemy.

Look at what goes in Ukraine today. We can pretty surely say that Ukraine is currently flooded with Russian special ops, death brigades, etc, etc that help to spiral the bloodshed by kidnapping, torturing and killing civil activists (I am not removing guilt from the Ukrainian police, who I'm pretty sure does the same thing, but the Russian presence increasingly becomes obvious).

Besides that, look what methods they use is a "grey area of politics". Surkov (Putin's aide in charge of the Ukrainian strategy) de-facto finances Kernes and Dobkin (mayor and governor of Kharkov) via their "protector" Tabachnik (the Russian hand in the Ukrainian politics, former minister of education). Kernes and Dobkin, both with shady and criminal past, organize the so-called "titushki" (criminal gangs across all of Ukraine) that police uses to terrorize protesters. The most ill-famous is the "sport organization" Oplot that controls thousands of titushki across most of Eastern Ukraine.

In other words Russia not only uses official politics (like trade wars, political pressures, aggressive diplomacy, etc), but also "grey politics" (financing organized crime across Ukraine), and straight "black politics" like death squads consisting of Russian special ops, to ravage a shaky vassal. And this is Ukraine - a country that is much more anti-Russian than Belarus. Imagine their methods should Belarus try to break away with force.

Any advice, how we can achieve "niezależna od Rosjan"?

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 04 фев 2014, 22:54 
Голубые штаны

Woloh писал(а):
... I'm talking that Russia will do anything, and I mean ANYTHING, to make sure it doesn't happen. Killings, torturing, fueling civil war...

...Ukraine is currently flooded with Russian special ops, death brigades, etc, etc that help to spiral the bloodshed by kidnapping, torturing and killing civil activists...

In other words Russia ... uses ... straight "black politics" like death squads consisting of Russian special ops, to ravage a shaky vassal.

Paranoia.

Woloh писал(а):
...Any advice, how we can achieve "niezależna od Rosjan"?

- antipsychotics;
- antidepressants;
- sedatives;
- cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy (most recommended).

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 04 фев 2014, 23:49 
Голубые штаны

mogdmb писал(а):
Woloh писал(а):
... I'm talking that Russia will do anything, and I mean ANYTHING, to make sure it doesn't happen. Killings, torturing, fueling civil war...

...Ukraine is currently flooded with Russian special ops, death brigades, etc, etc that help to spiral the bloodshed by kidnapping, torturing and killing civil activists...

In other words Russia ... uses ... straight "black politics" like death squads consisting of Russian special ops, to ravage a shaky vassal.

Paranoia.

If you could kindly explain who kidnapped and tortured Dmitri Bulatov, and who kidnapped and killed Yuri Vetbitski this might give some weight to your flame. And these are just two public figures. How many more are still unaccounted.

Until then we assume the most likely culprit - Russian special forces, or Russia-financed criminal squads from within Ukraine.

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 04 фев 2014, 23:53 
Голубые штаны

mogdmb писал(а):
Woloh писал(а):
...Any advice, how we can achieve "niezależna od Rosjan"?

- antipsychotics;
- antidepressants;
- sedatives;
- cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy (most recommended).

How are your Nazi friends doing? Still fighting for the white Arian race?

Who'd be talking about psychotherapy....

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 05 фев 2014, 08:37 
Голубые штаны

Woloh писал(а):
...How are your Nazi friends doing? Still fighting for the white Arian race?..

Hope they're doing well.

Anyway their mental health is in much better shape than that of the web fighters with Russia's "death squads".

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 05 фев 2014, 19:01 
Голубые штаны

mogdmb писал(а):
Woloh писал(а):
...How are your Nazi friends doing? Still fighting for the white Arian race?..

Hope they're doing well.

Anyway their mental health is in much better shape than that of the web fighters with Russia's "death squads".

"Ukrainian top general: There is proof of Russian intervention in Ukraine"

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 06 фев 2014, 18:58 
Голубые штаны

Dmitri Bulatov: "I think that I was kidnapped and tortured by the Russian Specnaz. The way they talked about Ukrainians from a third person perspective, their Russian way of talking, their professional actions made me think this way"

"I also think this people have something to do with Medvedchuk, because the most of their questions were related to our (Automaidan's) rally on his dacha" (Medvedchuk is the most pro-Russian politician in Ukraine. Putin is the god farther of the Medvedchuk's daughter).

Bulatov's ear
Изображение

He was crucified with nails through his hands, but very professionally - not a single nerve, bone, or major blood vessel touched
Изображение
Изображение

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 12 фев 2014, 14:28 
Белые штаны

I think it is worth to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKE5xrxO ... r_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHkPB4xhlXY

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 13 фев 2014, 06:36 
Голубые штаны

Rysio писал(а):

Interesting. Thanks!

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 20 фев 2014, 14:27 
Оранжевые штаны

(...)

Последний раз редактировалось Narimantas 16 ноя 2014, 17:04, всего редактировалось 1 раз.

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 22 фев 2014, 22:30 
Оранжевые штаны

Dajcie spokój
Jeśli "majdan" chciał wstapić do UE to właśnie to przegrał z kretesem...

Ostatnie wydarzenia gwarantują, że UE nie przyjmnie Ukrainy przez najbliżesze 15 lat...
Ostatnie tygodnie pokazaly jak Ukraina jest krucha u swych podstaw - jak niewiarygodna (de wszystkie deklaracjie) i nieobliczalna...
Tylko Rosja się cieszy - Skoro Ukraina nawet po zwycięstwie "demokratów" nie będzie w UE to... Właśnie...
Teraz wystarczy by Rosja wprowadziła np. embargo na Ukraińskie towary, podwyższyła cenę za gas...
Nie minie zbyt wiele czasu a Ukraińcy sami przyjdą prosić Rosje o unię celną...
I bez tych 15 miliardów $...

Cóż - szkoda tylko prostych Ukraińców, ktorzy zostali wciagnięci w wir zakulisowych zagrywek między oligarchami, którzy mają interesy w Rosji, a tymi którzy mają biznes w integracji z UE...

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 23 фев 2014, 00:46 
Голубые штаны

LESZY писал(а):
Dajcie spokój
Jeśli "majdan" chciał wstapić do UE to właśnie to przegrał z kretesem...

Ostatnie wydarzenia gwarantują, że UE nie przyjmnie Ukrainy przez najbliżesze 15 lat...
Ostatnie tygodnie pokazaly jak Ukraina jest krucha u swych podstaw - jak niewiarygodna (de wszystkie deklaracjie) i nieobliczalna...
Tylko Rosja się cieszy - Skoro Ukraina nawet po zwycięstwie "demokratów" nie będzie w UE to... Właśnie...
Teraz wystarczy by Rosja wprowadziła np. embargo na Ukraińskie towary, podwyższyła cenę za gas...
Nie minie zbyt wiele czasu a Ukraińcy sami przyjdą prosić Rosje o unię celną...
I bez tych 15 miliardów $...

Cóż - szkoda tylko prostych Ukraińców, ktorzy zostali wciagnięci w wir zakulisowych zagrywek między oligarchami, którzy mają interesy w Rosji, a tymi którzy mają biznes w integracji z UE...

Dziękuję bardzo Pana za jasnu, rzetelnu i trafnu odpowiedź. :uch_tiv: Niestety, robienie wody z mózgu dla wielu, tu to normalka.

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 24 фев 2014, 11:21 
Оранжевые штаны

(...)

Последний раз редактировалось Narimantas 16 ноя 2014, 17:05, всего редактировалось 2 раз(а).

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 24 фев 2014, 12:05 
Оранжевые штаны

Cóż - w zasadzie Rosja wiele robić nie musi...

Będzie robiła "teatralne gesty" by pokazać, że nie ingeruje w sprawy wewnętrzne Ukrainy (zrzucając całą winę na USA i UE - "niech oni się martwią skoro naważyli piwa" )

I już chyba to już robi - ponoć nie wpuścili do FR ludzi Janukowicza...

Rosja spokojnie poczeka, popatrzy (na Ukrainie nic się jeszcze nie skończyło... ) + troche pomiesza i podgrzeje atmosfere (nieoficjalnie)
A potem dokręci gospodarczą śrube...

UE nic nie zrobi - ma Greków i innych bankrutów - po co jej kolejny i do duży?
USA - podobnie - conajwyżej przehadluje za Syjrie...

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 25 фев 2014, 16:25 
Белые штаны

Przyjmując , że Majdan był podtrzymywany finansowo przez zachód ( kto dawał najwięcej tego nie wiem ) możemy chyba jednak zaryzykować twierdzenie , że jednak jakaś pomoc będzie. W innym wypadku byłaby to głupia inwestycja. Wydaje mi się , że USA jednak będą w jakimś stopniu zainteresowane wyrwaniem Ukrainy ze strefy wpływów Rosji. Próbowali dogadać się z Rosją ale nie bardzo to się udaje więc jeśli będą mieli szansę na jej osłabienie ( wszyscy twierdzą , że Ukraina jest kluczem do mocarstwowości Rosji ) to chyba to zrobią. Co do EU to jakos nie wierzę w tą organizację.

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 25 фев 2014, 17:30 
Голубые штаны

Narimantas писал(а):
How do you think - what will Russia do now ?

Russians are of course angry as hell. Especially their elite. After they saw how the rebels opened up mansions and palaces of ridiculously corrupted Yanukovich's officials, and how now they make tours for everyone across them - this is the nightmare for the Russia's top 1%.

A short answer to your question - it depends on what the Ukrainians will do. If they preserve the system of corruption (like they did it in the Timoshenko's times after the Orange Revolution) - Russians will likely do nothing. If they try to impose the Rule of Law, government transparency, and elements of direct people's democracy - Russians will try to disrupt it as much as they can.

The most obvious place is Crimea. Russians will try to do exactly same thing as they did in Georgia, Moldova, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan. Create an enclave of instability to troll Ukraine and keep it on a short leash. No one - Russia included - is interested in splitting Ukraine. But a small region of instability on a boarder is a completely different matter. They will first start giving away Russian passports, and then use it as a pretext to intervene into internal affairs in the most disruptive way possible.

They might start a trade war, as they already did several times, but only after they get a better idea who's in the new government.

On the opposite, I think Americans and Brits start realizing that Ukraine can actually tip to their side for real. If they play nicely. A Marshal Plan for Ukraine may play a huge role in reshaping the face of Europe. They can get themselves a staunch ally akin Poland, or Romania. In this situation Russians simply can not withdraw their promised money from Ukraine, the vacuum will be eagerly filled with the Americans. 20bn is no huge money these days. Already now both Americans and Brits flagged to the Russians that they will apply on them financial pain if they start ugly moves in Ukraine, and Canada went ahead to promise sanctions directly on Russia.

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 25 фев 2014, 17:48 
Черные штаны

Tutaj należy spojrzeć na całą sprawę w kontekście przygotowań USA do konfrontacji z Chinami- chcą wzmocnić blok Euroatlantycki (już od dłuższego czasu trwa ten proces); nie chcą także dopuścić do odtworzenia imperium Rosyjskiego z wiadomych względów. Oczywiście Ukraina jest kluczowa dla Rosji, bez niej ten projekt nie ma szans powodzenia. Proszę zwrócić uwagę również na to, w jaki sposób rozgrywją konflikt Stany Zjednoczone: wprowadzili na Morze Czarne swoją flotę "celem ochrony sportowców w Soczi" i jakoś nie kwapią się do opuszczenia tego akwenu. Krępuje to ewentualne ruchy Rosjan w Sewastopolu, w zasadzie uniemożliwia zbrojną interwencję celem oderwania przynajmniej Krymu.
Ponieważ Zachód inwestował w majdan pieniądze i reputację, to będzie chciał, rzecz jasna, żeby się inwestycja w jakiś sposób zwróciła. Nikt w Ukrainę nie będzie pompował na dzień dzisiejszy dziesiątek miliardów dolarów (a takie kwoty potrzebne byłyby na sam rozruch); być może część płacić będą oligarchowie na czele ze złotowłosą Julią, wdzięczną za uwolnienie ze skądinąd słusznej odsiadki.

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 25 фев 2014, 18:29 
Голубые штаны

A good article

The Lessons of Kiev

Цитата:
The seismic shift in Ukraine was achieved by its people, not outside forces, and not its politicians.

It will be some considerable time before the implications of this decisive change sink in.

Neither the United States nor the European Union was driving events in Ukraine.

The outside world should, lastly, fully accept that Ukraine has earned the right to defend and determine its own future. It is a state, not a piece of meat for jackals to dispute.

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 25 фев 2014, 19:05 
Голубые штаны

And another one.

Americans gradually start understanding Ukraine better than the Russians do.

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 25 фев 2014, 22:27 
Оранжевые штаны

Anne Applebaum - wiesz że to żona Sikorskiego? (ministra spraw zagranicznych)

Tekst taki sobie - lukruje sytuacje, która nie jest taka jasna...

To co dzieje się na Ukrainie ma drugie dno - i moga sobie wszyscy deklarować że nie maczali palców.
Ale tylko naiwny uwierzy, że 3 miesiące spontanicznie zgromadzeni demonstrancji bez wsparcia z zewnątrz wytrzymali na majdanie.
Podobnie z ostrą amunicją - to jest nielogiczne - jeśli Janukowicz kazał strzelać z ostrej to czemu nie kazał pacyfikowąc Majdanu? (jak się mowi "A" to trzeba powiedizec "B" )

Sim0nSs - nie przesadzaj... USA wyslało na Morze Czarne największy zlom jaki mają - fregate OHP (USS Taylor), która nie ma wielkiego potencjału bojowego (nawet wyrzutnie Mk 13 wymontowano)
Obecnośc US NAVY na Morzu Czarnym to czysta kurtuazja...

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 26 фев 2014, 01:41 
Оранжевые штаны

(...)

Последний раз редактировалось Narimantas 16 ноя 2014, 17:05, всего редактировалось 1 раз.

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 26 фев 2014, 10:41 
Оранжевые штаны

Patrząc na takie filmiki
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnt3fQwsxqM
Nie, to jest zły moment...

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 26 фев 2014, 13:25 
Белые штаны

Wydaje mi się, że powinniśmy poczekać do momentu podania składu osobowego nowego rządu. Jeśli potwierdza się informacje o przedstawicielach Prawego Sektora i Swobody w rządzie np. Pani Iriny Farion, która w czasie wizytacji szkoły w Przemyślu z językiem wykładowym ukraińskim wspomniała o tym, iż etniczne ukraińskie ziemie, które obecnie są włączone do Polski, muszą się w przyszłości „zjednoczyć się z ziemią matką.
Nie zapominajmy jednak, że założyciel Stratfor Friedman wspominał kiedyś, że Miedzymorze miałoby powstać żeby wyręczyć USA w tej części Europy i miałoby być przeciwwagą dla ewentualnego sojuszu Niemiec i Rosji.
Dla mnie sytuacja nadal nie jest klarowna. Narimantas ma jednak racje, przydałyby się głosy Ukraińców i ich opinie na ten temat.

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 26 фев 2014, 13:32 
Оранжевые штаны

(...)

Последний раз редактировалось Narimantas 16 ноя 2014, 17:05, всего редактировалось 1 раз.

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 26 фев 2014, 14:29 
Голубые штаны

What a cute speech...

Breivik was, of course, just a little accident in the "most multicultural, tolerant and safe part of the world".

And european tolerance never gave birth to 'white fundamentalism".

Right Sector is able to make Breivik look like a child, and, of course, Europe should help them with money, technologies and strategic planning. Like in Munich, 1938.

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 27 фев 2014, 13:56 
Оранжевые штаны

(...)

Последний раз редактировалось Narimantas 16 ноя 2014, 17:15, всего редактировалось 1 раз.

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 27 фев 2014, 17:51 
Оранжевые штаны

(...)

Последний раз редактировалось Narimantas 16 ноя 2014, 17:15, всего редактировалось 1 раз.

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 27 фев 2014, 19:23 
Голубые штаны

Narimantas писал(а):
... We learn from our mistakes...

Oh, really?

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 27 фев 2014, 23:47 
Оранжевые штаны

(...)

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 02 мар 2014, 21:11 
Оранжевые штаны

Woloh będzie zadowolony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_lACmecp1g

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 11 мар 2014, 14:20 
Белые штаны

I have found recently in Stratfor such article:

Цитата:
The prime ministers of the Visegrad Group countries (L-R, the Czech Republic's Bohuslav Sobotka, Poland's Donald Tusk, Hungary's Viktor Orban and Slovakia's Robert Fico) at a news conference in Budapest on Jan. 29.
Since the beginning of the decade, concerns about political fragmentation in the European Union, the emergence of a more assertive Russia and the commitment of NATO and the United States in Central Europe have given new life to the Visegrad Group. Foreign ministers of the group -- a platform of political and military cooperation among Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary -- met with their counterparts from the Nordic and Baltic states in Narva, Estonia, on March 6-7 to discuss ongoing issues, including the situation in Ukraine. Foreign ministers and deputy foreign ministers from Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia condemned the violation of Ukraine's sovereignty by Russia.
The events in Ukraine confirm that the factors driving the establishment of the Visegrad Group are still in place, but the group is still limited in what it can accomplish. Different threat perceptions, bilateral tensions and conflicting priorities continue to undermine the cohesion of the group.
Analysis
The Visegrad Group was created in 1991 with the main goal of establishing a forum of cooperation for former Soviet satellites in Central Europe. At the time, its members had many things in common: They were all former communist nations with relatively similar levels of economic development, and they were transitioning to liberal democracy and market economy and realigning their foreign policies to NATO and EU membership. But once this goal was achieved -- Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary joined both organizations between 1999 and 2004 -- the group ceased almost all activity. Members favored direct cooperation with the United States and the largest economies in the European Union, most notably Germany, over deepening ties with each other.
Visegrad Re-emerges
Several events recently changed this situation. Europe's economic crisis led to economic stagnation and political fragmentation in the European Union. The re-emergence of Russia as a more assertive player in Eurasian affairs -- clearly highlighted by the Georgian war of 2008 -- reignited longstanding fears of Russian military, political and economic influence in Central Europe. Finally, there was a perception that neither NATO nor the United States was as focused on Central European affairs as they were in the preceding decades.
This gave new life to the Visegrad Group, which became more active in the early 2010s. Its members designed new plans for political, military and economic cooperation and even proposed the creation of a joint battle group of some 3,000 troops from the four member states. This battle group is expected to be ready in 2016. In the meantime, the Visegrad Group countries are planning to hold their first joint military exercises in 2015.
The renewed interest on the Visegrad Group is highly representative of the political fragmentation in the European Union and NATO. Divisions in those groups are making their member states seek supplemental alliances and platforms for cooperation. That the Nordic states are also moving forward with their plans for enhanced military cooperation confirms this trend. In 2009, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway and Iceland created the Nordic Defense Cooperation, a platform to join efforts in enhancing defense collaboration.
Obstacles to Cooperation
Despite its ambitious plans, there is only so much the Visegrad Group can realistically accomplish. Its most serious obstacle is the different geopolitical priorities of its member countries. Russian forces occupied all four Visegrad states after World War II, but geography gives them a different perception of threats and different assessment of the regional impact of a more assertive Russia. Because of its position at the heart of the North European Plain, Poland has been considerably more exposed to Russian invasion than its neighbors in the south. As a result, Warsaw is more anxious about the Russians and more assertive in leading efforts to counter them, while the other Visegrad countries have recently sought Russian investment and closer ties with Moscow in areas such as nuclear energy.

Click to Enlarge
Related to their different perceptions of threat is their different approach to military spending. Poland's military expenditure, which constitutes roughly 2 percent of gross domestic product, is higher than that of the other three countries (they between 0.8 percent and 1.1 percent of GDP). The Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovakia were substantially reducing military spending even before the European crisis, while Poland has actually increased it. This has led to friction as Poland -- which probably hoped to get more support from the United States in fortifying the Visegrad Group -- believes its Visegrad partners are not serious about integration, and many of the planned activities, including pooling and sharing resources, have stalled.
A growing number of European countries are seeking to join efforts to harmonize their military structures and pool resources and military procurement. British-French cooperation and Nordic cooperation are significant examples. But so far, differences in strategy and political tensions have prevented the members of the Visegrad Group from making substantial progress. Poland boasts the largest economy of the group, and thus Warsaw sees itself as the natural leader -- something that generates conflict with the other three members. There are also bilateral tensions between Budapest and Bratislava because of the status of Hungarian minorities in Slovakia.
To some extent, the future of the Visegrad Group will be connected to events in Poland. Because of its geographic position, Poland is both a Central European and a Baltic actor. As a result, it sees Germany, the Baltics and Nordic Europe as viable political and military partners. In an increasingly uncertain European political scenario, Poland is likely to look for military and political cooperation outside the Visegrad Group and show growing interest in getting closer to the other potential partners. Finally, Warsaw will keep seeking a closer alliance with the United States, which it considers a key element in its national security, particularly as the European Union weakens and Russia becomes more assertive.
The recent experience of the EU Eastern Partnership program is a significant example of how Poland looks for partners outside the Visegrad Group. Poland and Lithuania are the main proponents of the initiative, with significant backing from Sweden. In the wake of Russia's seizure of Crimea, Poland and the Baltics criticized Moscow's moves and participated in the diplomatic efforts to provide Western support to the new government in Kiev.
Hungary, the Czech Republic and Slovakia, on the other hand, have not been as vocal. Budapest has promised to protect the Hungarian minorities in Ukraine and offered assistance to people crossing the border, but it was largely silent about Russia's actions in Crimea. Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban criticized Russia only recently because he was under pressure from his political opponents. The Czechs have called for the preservation of Ukraine's territorial integrity but have also warned that economic sanctions against Russia would hurt Europe because of the strong economic ties, a concern echoed by Slovakia.
The crisis in Ukraine is a reminder of how far Russia is willing to go to protect its strategic interests. It is also a reminder of the limits that Western European nations face when dealing with Moscow. In that way it confirms for Central and Eastern European nations their need to reassess their priorities and develop new areas of cooperation to compensate for the fragility of the European Union and the indecisiveness of NATO.
Events in the east and the west of Europe are making the countries in the middle (a line of nations from the Baltics to Hungary that Polish leader Jozef Pilsudski defined as "Intermarium") increasingly nervous. The summit in Estonia highlights the interest of these countries to further strengthen regional cooperation. In the coming years, we will see more attempts by countries in the region to develop stronger ties, and the United States could decide to strengthen smaller groups to bypass NATO's incoherent posture toward Russia. But lingering differences in strategy and priorities will keep this process slow and difficult.

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 11 мар 2014, 17:19 
Голубые штаны

Rysio писал(а):
I have found recently in Stratfor such article:

Thanks Rysio, this is interesting.

The Visegrad group is a positive thing, but I agree, it is not going to fly high, or achieve anything significant. Even less is the Baltic trio - these are much more a liability than an asset. A tiny indefensible stretch of land between Russian and a sea, populated with s significant Russian minority (majority?).

What surprises me is a lack of proper military contacts and cooperation between the V4 and Romania.

I faithfully think that V4 should gradually take a backstage as rather an economic club, and in return, on the military front, a new Intermarian axes should emerge Poland-Ukraine-Romania. These three countries are the largest in the region. After the last events they will also be three most anti-Russian countries in Intermarium. By all accounts they need to develop a military block within Intermarium.

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 11 мар 2014, 19:47 
Оранжевые штаны

(...)

Последний раз редактировалось Narimantas 16 ноя 2014, 17:16, всего редактировалось 1 раз.

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 11 мар 2014, 20:03 
Голубые штаны

Yes, Narimantas, I agree with you that these are all rough approximations. It just compares blank numbers even though they have tons of nuances. Although, I think one element is true - as Leszy is saying here, military capabilities are often a factor of available finances.

True, Romania is 2.5 times smaller than Poland. And it is even weaker economically (hell, even Belarus exceeds Romania in GDP per person). But it is still one of bigger countries within Intermarium. I think it is no surprise that the Americans have chosen specifically Poland and Romania for its potential missile defense system with actual missiles (while the Czech Republic got only a radar as a part of this system). Also note, that once the war events in Ukraine started the USA redeployed its aircrafts again to Poland and Romania (not to Slovakia, or Czech Republic).

Indeed, a Polish-Romanian axis didn't make sense on its own. However, now if the developments in Ukraine could bring this country into the fold the whole thing might suddenly start making more sense.

We need to leave V4 to what it is - and economic block. Frankly, no sensible political, or military cooperation will come out of it. Yet, on top of it Intermarium could build other "mini-blocks", like a PL-UA-RO axis dedicated to other military issues. Or PL-BY-UA dedicated to transborder cooperation, infrastructural projects. Etc, etc.

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 12 мар 2014, 00:06 
Оранжевые штаны

(...)

Последний раз редактировалось Narimantas 16 ноя 2014, 17:16, всего редактировалось 1 раз.

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 13 мар 2014, 12:46 
Оранжевые штаны

(...)

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 13 мар 2014, 14:02 
Голубые штаны

Narimantas писал(а):
Interesting letter from PL to UA...

http://narodowcy.net/blogi/do-ukraincow

:sh_ok: Do they write about the same EU as you did?

Narimantas писал(а):
...EU in total is the most powerfull economic super-power on the world. It is also most multicultural, tolerant and safe then other parts of the worlds. - See more at: viewtopic.php?f=29&p=120948#p120948

"...Dziś, po 10 latach naszego członkostwa w UE, większość prawa polskiego powstaje w Brukseli, a sytuacja gospodarcza naszego kraju nie poprawiła się w wielkim stopniu. Elity europejskie pod przewodnictwem Niemiec (pozostających od lat w bliskim sojuszu z Rosją) chcą dalszego ograniczania suwerenności narodowej. Ponadto, Unia narzuca narodom szkodliwe wzorce kulturowe i rozwiązania prawne, naciska na wprowadzanie przywilejów dla seksualnych dewiantów, ruguje religię z życia publicznego, deprecjonuje rolę wspólnoty narodowej w tworzeniu zachodniego dziedzictwa. Coraz mniej jest w UE demokracji – decyzje podejmuje się raczej w brukselskich i berlińskich gabinetach, zaś głos narodów wyrażony w referendach odrzuca się, jeśli jest nie po myśli rządzących. Tak stało się w 2005 roku w przypadku Francji i Holandii, a w 2009 roku - Irlandii..."

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 13 мар 2014, 14:11 
Белые штаны

Narimantas писал(а):
Interesting letter from PL to UA...

http://narodowcy.net/blogi/do-ukraincow

Step in the good direction. I am interested their answer.

Сообщение Рейтинг поста: [ ] Добавлено: 16 мар 2014, 22:10 
Белые штаны

I am not sure this is true answer from ‘Pravyj Sektor’ on mentioned above by Narimantas letter published on Narodowcy.net site.

http://vk.com/public62043361?w=wall-620 ... 1_00%2Frev

Начать новую тему Ответить на тему  [ Сообщений: 707 ]  На страницу Пред.  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  След.

Часовой пояс: UTC + 2 часа